There are many types of Web Hosting services available, but one of the most common web hosting type is Shared Web Hosting. Here, multiple websites sharing the same server. This means that all the resources of the shared server such as bandwidth, space, database, FTP accounts and Email accounts are shared by number of websites hosted by that particular server. The disk space and bandwidth allotted is limited since there are other websites sharing the same server. It is suitable only for an individual or a people having small industry as it is not sufficient for high traffic websites.
- Shared hosting is cheaper when compared to dedicated hosting and VPS hosting.
- It is easy to setup and manage the hosting.
- If any problem exist, the service provider will take care of that. So you don’t need to concern yourself with technical issues of the server.
- You cannot install any software in your choice. It is completely based on the service provider.
- It is not suitable for high traffic website, because multiple sites using same IP address that makes your sites down.
- Hosting plan will have less feature when compared to dedicated hosting.
- The same IP address is sharing with multiple websites so if any of these neighbor website is spam site it will affects your website also.
DEDICATED WEB HOSTING
In dedicated hosting, clients have the overall control of the server and it is not shared with anyone. It is very much flexible than the shared hosting. Dedicated hosting is suitable for the websites with high traffic. All the resources of the server are dedicated to one client alone.
Dedicated server hosting is divided into two categories. They are:
Managed dedicated server hosting.
Unmanaged dedicated server hosting.
Managed dedicated server hosting: When you lease the server and then allows the service provider to take care of everything.
Unmanaged dedicated server hosting: When you lease the server but takes care of the management of the entire server.
- More reliability and better performance when compared to shared hosting.
- Having unique IP address.
- It is more flexible in adding the software and server configuration.
- It is more expensive when compared to shared hosting.
- You should be strong in troubleshooting the issues when occurred otherwise you need to pay for technician to solve the issue.