As facial hair and beards are in fashion again, you may have also desired to grow it at some time or another. So, what is the best way to make your beard grow fuller and thicker?
In this guide, we will discuss ways to grow a thicker and beard, faster
Physical Aspects of Growing a Beard
Beards can begin to grow as early as teenage and keep growing till the mid to late 20s. The natural colour, texture and growth rate depends on your DNA, as well as your natural hair colour. Patience is the key to grow a beard. You must know that every beard is unique. Remember that not every bearded man in a magazine or TV show was born with a nice beard. They too have battled patchy beards or were late bloomers.
Hormones Affecting the Beard
Growing a beard depends on your hormones, especially testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (or DHT). The average testosterone further converts to the potent androgen hormone, dihydrotestosterone. The amount of DHT in your reproductive system impacts your hair and beard growth patterns. The higher the level of DHT and testosterone, the more facial hair will develop.
Growing a Thicker Beard
Want to grow a thicker beard? Follow the given ways to maintain and develop the best beard possible:
1. You Must Grow & Maintain Your Beard
Although you do not have to shave regularly, beards need proper maintenance. The thick facial hair is likely to attract more grime, dirt, and debris. So, you must keep the beard clean, well-groomed and itch-free.
Basic Maintenance Includes:
- Brushing & Combing: There are brushes and combs available for beards to get rid of tangles. Combing and brushing keep the beard clean and tidy as it removes dead skin cells and dirt. It also helps in distributing natural oils while preventing excess greasiness.
Tip: You can also use a beard comb after oiling your beard to distribute the oil evenly throughout the beard.
- Washing: Wash your beard regularly to keep it clean and remove dead skin cells. Be sure to follow up with a nourishing beard wax to lock in the moisture and condition your beard. For best results, follow the complete beard grooming regime with oil, wash, and wax or crème.
- Applying Beard Oil/Balm: Use an all-natural beard growth oil to prevent irritation and nourish and moisturize the facial hair and skin while promoting growth. Nourishing and moisturizing your skin with beard oil also keeps your hair healthy and strong. Even beard crèmes are essential for conditioning and styling your facial hair.
2. You Must Trim and Style the Beard
Regularly trim and style your beard to make it appear presentable. The beard does not grow uniformly, so you need to trim it to make it appear well-groomed. Make sure to buy beard scissors to cut the beard precisely. Some people even use a beard trimmer to keep their beard looking short and neat.
3. You Must Follow a Healthy Diet
Beard is visually-appealing, but the healthy growth of a beard depends on what you eat. You must feed your body with essential nutrients and vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin D and other supplements to improve bread growth.
Great foods for better beard growth:
- Eggs: These are rich in protein and also include biotin, a vitamin that strengthens hair.
- Brazilian Nuts: These nuts contain selenium, a mineral that also helps with natural hair growth.
- Oysters: These are rich in zinc, an essential mineral for healthy hair growth.
Also, drink eight glasses of water daily to keep your skin well-hydrated, soft and supple.
4. You Must Exercise
Testosterone levels increase with regular exercising and further influence hair growth in males. With regular exercises, the T-levels in the male body remain constant or even increase. Exercising also improves proper blood circulation that boosts hair growth.
5. You Must Use Beard Growth Products
Consider professional beard growth products like beard oil, beard conditioner, as well as beard crème, for proper facial hair growth. Some people even suggest topical gels and oral medications for facial growth. But the all-natural way for facial hair growth is to opt for products made from natural, plant-based ingredients.
These were some essential ways to help you with beard growth. Do try them to improve your beard growth!